Full Gallery

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

City Freeway

So I realized that blogging everyday and actually finishing a new piece of art everyday is basically impossible, so I will be posting weekly now (at least I hope to). However, I do have a new piece for you guys, and it will be added to my city collection. This one was pretty tedious and time consuming, and to be honest I did not enjoy working on this piece.

Here is the preliminary sketch, and everything seems to look proportionate, and in perspective. I tried to keep the worm's eye view slightly, to make the city appear larger.






As I began to ink in the illustration, I added details to the sign, and began to display a small sense of depth using crosshatches as to not be confused by each edge on the bridge later.










The primary ink is finished here, and no real sense of light and dark is achieved here except for that which I had added earlier on the bridge.




I finish the drawing by adding tone. The result is decent, and I hope to continue drawing more cities for my collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment